" My space is small with enough room to fill with garden delights*. Say it with flowers" ~lcd


Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Homemade Floral Arrangement by Jan


Photobucket

This floral arrangement is done by Jan, our local Elder's wife. Before she came into our little congregation, we ladies in the church used to take turn in bringing fresh flowers for the service. Upon her arrival, she made it sure that none of us will be burdened as flowers are very expensive to buy. We have flowers right here in our village but am too shy to ask. People don't usually pick flowers from the garden. My own flowers are not much to take anyway and I often forget that I have grown right in my own place.

What has attracted me to the simplicity of the arrangement is this old-fashioned flower vase, a very very old one. It has a base covered with velvet. The TV Antique Roadshow helped me to identify the genuineness of an antique item. So that's what I am doing now each time I see an old ware like this one.

Incidentally, I found out that the Curio Shops or Opportunity Shops here in our area have learned the trade of overpricing items which are normally given to them by willing donors if they think that the item is valuable.

Cheers!

No comments: